These are the projects I have been the most satisfied with. I usually publish all my projects just to show how I progress, but this option is recommended since it should filter out the best ones.
- Category: Programming
- Language: C++
- Year: 2010
- Course: TNM061 3-D Computer Graphics
- Tags: 3D, Computer Graphics, Game, OGRE
I just wanted to share a project we made in an introcuction course to 3D computer graphics. Before we started, none of us had never written a single code segment in C++. So during a period of two months, we had to learn both C++ and OGRE from scratch (while at same time reading two other engineering courses). Our goal was not to make a complete game but to explore the process of game creation as much as possible. We did not completely model anything on our own, instead we modified already created models (for example we had to create animations to our game character). We used the PhysX wrapper NxOgre to handle the physics and irrklang for sound. We also used a modified version of spacegaiers "Advanced Ogre Framework" to handle different states.
Every year at campus in Norrköping, there is a tradition in making a movie called Nollephilmen. When the arrangements for the new students have ended, this film is released at a ceremonial banquet. In 2009 I was, together with my friend Anders, head-responsible for this production. What's impressive about this 20 minutes long movie is that it only took one day to record the raw material. After many hours of editing, the movie was finally done and could be shown in front of a total of 500 people. I am very satisfied with the special effects created in After Effects, especially the ones in the two minute final battle.
The fighting sequence in the end.
- Category: Programming
- Language: Java
- Year: 2009
- Course: TNM040 Communication and User Interfaces
- Tags: Application
In a course with focus on properties of a good user interface, this was our final project. Our idea was to develop an application in Java where the user could study words from a glossary. We used the Java Swing library to handle all graphics, something that was very easy to implement. After letting some nurse students test the product, we got the suggestion to make it possible to upload images together with a word so that the memory could hopefully create a connection. Even though we only had less than two weeks for this project, we managed to release a software application with almost no bugs. However, the code is really ugly and we probably did all the "don't's" possible when coding (txt docs as database, no SVN and poor object-orientated structure). But nothing is as instructive as learning from errors and both me and my partner think we released a good looking application!